Criteria For Admission
The applicant student should satisfy the following main criteria :
- Should belong to a family from economically weaker section of the society.
- Should have minimum 60 % marks in the SSC/HSC examination.
- Should have secured admission to a college / ITI/ recognised educational institution in Pune.
- Should be willing to work under the “Earn and Learn” scheme. (Earnings would belong to the student)
- Should be willing to allot daily half hour for maintenance / administrative work of the hostel /SAMITI.
- Should be prepared to abide by Samiti’s discipline and rules (restricted use of mobile phone,daily Yogasanas)
Admission is granted to students of any course – Arts , Science, Commerce, Engineering Degree / Diploma / ITI, Agriculture, Medicine, Pharmacy, Fine Art, Management courses, Journalism, Teachers& ; training, etc. Very few and limited seats are available for 11 th & ; 12 th class students. Admission fees once paid will not be refunded.
Religion, cast, creed are not a consideration for granting admission to Samiti Hostels.
Admission is granted for one semester at a time only but is normally continued for further semesters/years if the student’s academic performance and behaviour in the hostel are satisfactory.
Hostel & Seats
- Lala Lajpatrai Vidyarthi Bhavan = 241
- P.D.Karkhanis Vasatigruha = 188
- Sumitra Sadan (Girls Hostel) = 110
- Dr. A.S.Apte Vasatigruha (Girls Hostel) = 173
Total Seats Are 712
Note: Some seats in each hostel are reserved for physically challenged students. Above mentioned No. of seats 712 is the total capacity of students, aprox. 200 seats are available every year for new students.